Young Women’s Action Team
The YWAT is a youth-led, adult-supported social change project that empowers women to take action on issues that affect their lives (particularly issues of violence against girls and young women). The YWAT believes that girls and young women should be free from violence. We believe that through collective action, consciousness-raising, and organizing we can end violence against girls and young women.
- Where Our Boys At? A Toolkit for Engaging Young Men as Allies to End Violence
- Saying Farewell…
- Walking Home
- Hollaback “I Got Your Back Campaign”
- March 20th is the International Day Against Street Harassment…
- Catcaller Form
- Announcing the Launch of Suspension Stories!
- Lillian Moderates a Panel about the School to Prison Pipeline
Category Archives: Uncategorized
When we launched the Rogers Park Young Women’s Action Team (YWAT) in the summer of 2003, we could not have imagined where we would be today. We launched the project with eight young women and over the years we have … Continue reading